"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible."
- Vladimir Nabakov

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cracks in the Mirror

Young moms deadbeat dads dirty kids. I
Cannot get out. I am
Pinned beneath the trash and junk over my
Heart. Trailer spouts red rust through
Pipes beaten and crushed.
This is what I think of when I
think of home; what is home to you?
There is no home for me.
A house a trailer a hell; screams pierce
The night. They
Splinter my heart splinter the sky. And
 I cry. I cry. I want out
No way out for teenage girls with
Ugly babies. And I
Hold him tight because
I never wanted this for me. You know
the world was at my feet. I
Missed the train that
Other kids rode out on.
They say I can leave.
Chains on my neck my hands my feet.
Rusty black ugly dirt ugly red land ugly
House ugly life. Alcohol and cigarettes fume
Thickly down my throat. And I
I strangle in the heat.
Old-young mom rail-thin TV lighters
Got the radio on. That would never be me I
Said but when I look between
The cracks in the mirror
Who is it that I see?
You know me but I,
I cannot see the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment